Countless numbers of us, on a daily basis, are faced with the challenge of filling multiple roles. We must be spouses, parents, professionals, etc., and still find time and energy after all that to be health-conscious individuals! Life shouldn't be an exhausting struggle, it should be a collection of one enjoyable, memorable, fulfilling, experience after another, should it not? I mean, pardon the cliché, but life's too short to let it be anything else.

I am a self-proclaimed food hobbyist on a quest to find delicious, healthy, fast, easy-to-make recipes and to successfully make those food adjectives actually belong together in a sentence. I am looking for after work meals that don't come out of a can, that I can enjoy preparing after a long work day, that my family will enjoy eating, and that will allow me to rest assured knowing that we are eating healthy. When I find these meals, I wish to share them with others. Cheers :)

Friday, December 3, 2010

Crispy Breaded Orange Chicken

 This is a recipe I took from a Weight Watchers book, and it is absolutely delicious!! My hubby and daughter loved it, I'll definately be doing this one again and again!

Ingredients:

4 skinless boneless chicken thighs (I did 5)
1 cup cracker crumbs
3 tbsp grated orange zest
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 small onion finely chopped (or 1 shallot)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper



Mix salt, orange juice, and dijon mustard in a small bowl

Mix onion, cracker crumbs, orange zest, and black pepper, and spread out on wax paper




Prepare a non stick pan with cooking spray

Organize an "assembly line"



Dip chicken thighs in  the mustard mixture coating all sides

Dredge chicken in cracker/orange mixture. Press into the mixture to make sure it sticks well. Coat all sides with cracker mixture and place in prepared pan



Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, turn chicken pieces over and continue baking until cooked through, or for another 20 minutes approximately

Prepare some side dishes. I prepared baked sweet potatoes and grilled zucchini and wax beans. This meal was DELICIOUS!!

Bon Appetit!



Now if I could only enjoy a nice glass of vino.....ummm......not much longer to go, only another 7 weeks or so til new babe arrives!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't realize you were due so soon! Good luck :)

    Orange chicken is one of those things I love, but rarely cook. Thanks for sharing this recipe it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Z! This recipe is 1 of my faves.....yep, potentially only 4 weeks to go from now!! Getting close, in the beginning you think it will be a long time coming but once the time is almost upon you, it feels like it took no time at all to get there!

    Good luck to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karen,

    I work for the site Canadiandishes.com where users can search through tens of thousands of recipes from Canadian food sites and blogs. I wanted to get in touch with you, but unfortunately couldn’t find any contact info on your blog.

    We’ve noticed that you have lots of tasty, original recipes on your blog and would like to suggest you to have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.canadiandishes.com/top-food-blogs
    We are already in the US, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy amongst others. Would you like to join us and add your food blog to the list? All you have to do is follow the instructions here:
    http://www.canadiandishes.com/add-your-food-blog


    Hoping to see you with us soon!

    Warmest regards,
    Christina
    www.canadiandishes.com

    ReplyDelete