Countless numbers of us, on a daily basis, are faced with the challenge of filling multiple roles. We must be spouses, parents, professionals, etc., and still find time and energy after all that to be health-conscious individuals! Life shouldn't be an exhausting struggle, it should be a collection of one enjoyable, memorable, fulfilling, experience after another, should it not? I mean, pardon the cliché, but life's too short to let it be anything else.

I am a self-proclaimed food hobbyist on a quest to find delicious, healthy, fast, easy-to-make recipes and to successfully make those food adjectives actually belong together in a sentence. I am looking for after work meals that don't come out of a can, that I can enjoy preparing after a long work day, that my family will enjoy eating, and that will allow me to rest assured knowing that we are eating healthy. When I find these meals, I wish to share them with others. Cheers :)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Broiled Salmon Filet with Lemon and Dill

Warning: the following recipe is INSANELY easy, and gives maximum result with minimal effort.

Prep. time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 25 minutes

This, in my opinion, is one of the quickest, easiest, and tastiest ways to cook salmon. These 3 factors combined make it one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon, also it is consistently good, and never gets a complaint from my hubby or my fussy 3 year old.

Ingredients

Fresh salmon filet, skin on
4-5 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Lemons
1/4 Cup fresh dill, chopped
Salt and Pepper



Preheat oven to 400F

Line a 9x13 inch metal pan with foil, and spray with cooking spray

Cut salmon filet horizontally into strips approximately 3 inches wide

Place salmon pieces in pan skin side down



Spread mayonnaise on top of salmon to make a layer about 1/3 inch thick

Drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice, and place lemon slices halved on top




Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill, salt and pepper



Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, then switch oven to broil, and broil at 550F until mayonnaise becomes brown and slightly crusted (5-10 minutes depending on oven)



Serve with your choice of vegetables, and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment