Countless numbers of us, on a daily basis, are faced with the challenge of filling multiple roles. We must be spouses, parents, professionals, etc., and still find time and energy after all that to be health-conscious individuals! Life shouldn't be an exhausting struggle, it should be a collection of one enjoyable, memorable, fulfilling, experience after another, should it not? I mean, pardon the cliché, but life's too short to let it be anything else.

I am a self-proclaimed food hobbyist on a quest to find delicious, healthy, fast, easy-to-make recipes and to successfully make those food adjectives actually belong together in a sentence. I am looking for after work meals that don't come out of a can, that I can enjoy preparing after a long work day, that my family will enjoy eating, and that will allow me to rest assured knowing that we are eating healthy. When I find these meals, I wish to share them with others. Cheers :)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Chicken Ball Soup

I'm concocting today. Still on a soup kick, I decided I wanted to try something a little different....I knew I wanted a clear broth soup, but I didn't feel like a heavy soup with alot of veggies, and boring chunks of meat, etc. so I decided to go with a chicken ball in a soup. Here's how it went...
Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts
1 stalk celery
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1 egg
approx. 1/2 cup bread crumbs
white pepper
salt
dried parsley and basil
Knorr Chicken Stock
Rice Vermicelli


Puree chicken breasts, egg, onion, garlic, & celery in a food processor. Stir in white pepper, parsley, basil, and salt, and add bread crumbs to thicken enough so that mixture can be formed into balls.



Bring approx. 6 cups of water to a boil.

Form chicken mixture into balls and drop into boiling water. Reduce heat to med-high and let boil for approx. 15 minutes. Top up with boiling water if necessary.



Add 2 tbsp. Knorr chicken stock to the broth.



Break up vermicelli into shorter strands, boil in a separate pot until fully cooked, drain, place in bottom of bowl, and pour soup over top.




Serve and enjoy!!

This actually turned out to be very good. I may have added some sesame oil or soya sauce to the balls for a little added flavor, but I was going for something light and mild, and this recipe accomplished it! :)



Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment